Importance of community
Communities are important because they allow people to interact with each other, share experiences, develop important and lasting relationships and work toward a collective goal. Without communities, people would live in isolation within their homes.
The world has
changed dramatically in the last decade with the pervasiveness of social media
and online and artificial experiences.
While we spend so much time “Online” many crave an “IRL” (In Real Life) experience. Perhaps this is because we used to gather more frequently in churches, neighbourhoods, schools organizations and with our families and neighbours to foster that sense of community. To connect.
I encourage you to ….yes RE/MAX is advocating that you leave your home oasis in favour of searching out community this long holiday weekend!
These are our favourite ways that we soak up our community!
– Go for a Train Ride on the Kettle Valley Steam Railway – Yipee
– Farmers Market – Sunday 9-1PM
– Patio Time – Grab A Coffee at The Beannery
– Take The Kids to The Summerland Splash Zone
– Take The Kids to The Summerland Skate Park
– BBQ Picnic at Powel Beach With The Family – Bring the Bricketts!
– Farmers Market – Saturday 8:30-1PM
– Float Down the Channel – Yippee
– Classic Car Show – Rotary Park Saturday
– Grab A Coffee at the Bellevue Café
– Take The Kids – Gyro Park – Lots of Fun Stuff Going On!
– Take The Kids To – Friday Night Music In The Park 6:30PM!
– Grab A Coffee at the JoJo’s Café
– Farmers Market – Saturday 9-1PM
– Take The Kids To The Beach – Osoyoos Lake Rocks!
– Take The Kids To Rattlesnake Canyon!
Happy BC Day!
Mother of Dragons
RE/MAX Orchard Country – Summerland
RE/MAX Penticton Realty – Downtown & Skaha Lake Road
RE/MAX Realty Solutions – Osoyoos
Check out – 18 Fun Facts About British Columbia To Impress Your
Friends on BC Day!